December 3, 2019
The Philippine National Police ( PNP) on Tuesday said the incident in Biñan, Laguna involving police officers and a Southeast Asian (SEA) Games official is only an isolated incident.
In a press briefing, Police Brigadier General Bernard Banac, PNP spokesperson said they were saddened by the incident after a certain Mark Nikolai Villamora, planning chief of Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc) disrespected police officers securing the games at the Biñan Football Stadium.
The incidents happened on Nov. 25 and Nov,29.
“We are saddened that there are this kind of incident of misunderstanding but this are only isolated and does not show are communication with Phisgoc,” Banac said.
Despite the incident, Banac said the PNP remains loyal in serving as security task force of SEA Games.
“For the sake of the security of SEA Games and the image of the Philippines,” he said.
Banac reminded the public the PNP will continue to implement tight security to achieve zero incident until the SEA Games end.
Police who experienced Villamora’s rude behavior filed complaints for unjust vexation and oral defamation against him at the Binan prosecutor’s office. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine