December 3, 2019
The Philippine National Police ( PNP) on Tuesday said the incident in Biñan, Laguna involving police officers and a Southeast Asian (SEA) Games official is only an isolated incident.
In a press briefing, Police Brigadier General Bernard Banac, PNP spokesperson said they were saddened by the incident after a certain Mark Nikolai Villamora, planning chief of Philippine Southeast Asian Games Organizing Committee (Phisgoc) disrespected police officers securing the games at the Biñan Football Stadium.
The incidents happened on Nov. 25 and Nov,29.
“We are saddened that there are this kind of incident of misunderstanding but this are only isolated and does not show are communication with Phisgoc,” Banac said.
Despite the incident, Banac said the PNP remains loyal in serving as security task force of SEA Games.
“For the sake of the security of SEA Games and the image of the Philippines,” he said.
Banac reminded the public the PNP will continue to implement tight security to achieve zero incident until the SEA Games end.
Police who experienced Villamora’s rude behavior filed complaints for unjust vexation and oral defamation against him at the Binan prosecutor’s office. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School