April 10, 2019
Tokyo--The wife of former Nissan Motor Co. <7201> Chairman Carlos Ghosn is ready to appear in Tokyo District Court for questioning, a lawyer for Ghosn said Tuesday.
The questioning may be conducted within this month, the lawyer said.
When Ghosn, 65, was rearrested on Thursday, Tokyo prosecutors asked her to meet with them for voluntary questioning, but she left Japan the next day, according to sources and French reports. The prosecutors have since requested the court to call her.
When asked by French media whether she had run away, she expressed her intention to return to Japan.
Ghosn was rearrested on suspicion of funneling Nissan money to himself via a car distributor in Oman.
Part of the Nissan funds are believed to have been transferred to a company headed by Ghosn's wife. The firm apparently purchased a yacht for use by Ghosn's family. Jiji Press
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race