April 10, 2019
Tokyo--The wife of former Nissan Motor Co. <7201> Chairman Carlos Ghosn is ready to appear in Tokyo District Court for questioning, a lawyer for Ghosn said Tuesday.
The questioning may be conducted within this month, the lawyer said.
When Ghosn, 65, was rearrested on Thursday, Tokyo prosecutors asked her to meet with them for voluntary questioning, but she left Japan the next day, according to sources and French reports. The prosecutors have since requested the court to call her.
When asked by French media whether she had run away, she expressed her intention to return to Japan.
Ghosn was rearrested on suspicion of funneling Nissan money to himself via a car distributor in Oman.
Part of the Nissan funds are believed to have been transferred to a company headed by Ghosn's wife. The firm apparently purchased a yacht for use by Ghosn's family. Jiji Press
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine