April 10, 2019
Tokyo--The wife of former Nissan Motor Co. <7201> Chairman Carlos Ghosn is ready to appear in Tokyo District Court for questioning, a lawyer for Ghosn said Tuesday.
The questioning may be conducted within this month, the lawyer said.
When Ghosn, 65, was rearrested on Thursday, Tokyo prosecutors asked her to meet with them for voluntary questioning, but she left Japan the next day, according to sources and French reports. The prosecutors have since requested the court to call her.
When asked by French media whether she had run away, she expressed her intention to return to Japan.
Ghosn was rearrested on suspicion of funneling Nissan money to himself via a car distributor in Oman.
Part of the Nissan funds are believed to have been transferred to a company headed by Ghosn's wife. The firm apparently purchased a yacht for use by Ghosn's family. Jiji Press
- Comelec count trending to a 12-0 administration win in Senate race
- Unofficial count shows 12-0 administration victory in 2019 Senate race
- Filipinos trust Japan next to US: SWS survey
- Bayan Muna, Magsasaka, Gabriela, Ako Bicol, A Teacher Lead Partylist Frontrunners
- ARTIST TALKS: SALAMPAK sa KANTO
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space