December 6, 2019
A fire broke out inside a bar in Makati City Friday morning.
According to SFO2 Jaime Macababayao of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the fire started at 9:38 am at the Susukino Music Lounge & Restaurant Inc. in Amorsolo Street, Legazpi Village.
Though the fire quickly developed, Macababayao said no fire alarm level was raised.
"No alarm level was declared since it was easily contained. The fire was manageable," he explained.
The inspector ruled out a possible inside job since the bar was closed when the incident occurred.
"The (bar's) operating hours is 7 pm to 2 am," he added.
San Lorenzo Fire Department said the fire was possibly caused by faulty wiring.
"According to BFP, it might be due to the wiring, the electrical wires might have had short circuit," said a fire volunteer.
Firemen declared fire out around 10:17 am. BFP said the incident is under investigation. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School