December 6, 2018
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will examine samples of "lambanog" or coconut wine which recently caused the death of eight and leaving 15 hospitalized in separate cases in Quezon City and Laguna.
Health Undersecretary Enrique Domingo said the FDA is trying to secure a sample of the coconut wine, which the four tricycle drivers from Quezon City drank before they experienced pain.
Domingo said manufacturers of coconut wine should submit their products to the FDA for testing.
In Novaliches, Quezon City, 17 persons drank a total of six liters of lambanog allegedly bought from a neighbor. Seven persons in Santa Raza, Laguna consumed a brand of the coconut wine. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.