December 6, 2018
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will examine samples of "lambanog" or coconut wine which recently caused the death of eight and leaving 15 hospitalized in separate cases in Quezon City and Laguna.
Health Undersecretary Enrique Domingo said the FDA is trying to secure a sample of the coconut wine, which the four tricycle drivers from Quezon City drank before they experienced pain.
Domingo said manufacturers of coconut wine should submit their products to the FDA for testing.
In Novaliches, Quezon City, 17 persons drank a total of six liters of lambanog allegedly bought from a neighbor. Seven persons in Santa Raza, Laguna consumed a brand of the coconut wine. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts
- Comelec count trending to a 12-0 administration win in Senate race
- Unofficial count shows 12-0 administration victory in 2019 Senate race
- Filipinos trust Japan next to US: SWS survey
- Bayan Muna, Magsasaka, Gabriela, Ako Bicol, A Teacher Lead Partylist Frontrunners
- ARTIST TALKS: SALAMPAK sa KANTO
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race