December 6, 2018
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will examine samples of "lambanog" or coconut wine which recently caused the death of eight and leaving 15 hospitalized in separate cases in Quezon City and Laguna.
Health Undersecretary Enrique Domingo said the FDA is trying to secure a sample of the coconut wine, which the four tricycle drivers from Quezon City drank before they experienced pain.
Domingo said manufacturers of coconut wine should submit their products to the FDA for testing.
In Novaliches, Quezon City, 17 persons drank a total of six liters of lambanog allegedly bought from a neighbor. Seven persons in Santa Raza, Laguna consumed a brand of the coconut wine. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification
- Japan to modify support for Mindanao to fit proposed Bangsamoro region
- NEC, Hitachi, Softbank, Tokyo Gas want in on building New Clark City
- ARTIST TALKS: Bibi Belgica on “INCUBATION”