December 6, 2018
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will examine samples of "lambanog" or coconut wine which recently caused the death of eight and leaving 15 hospitalized in separate cases in Quezon City and Laguna.
Health Undersecretary Enrique Domingo said the FDA is trying to secure a sample of the coconut wine, which the four tricycle drivers from Quezon City drank before they experienced pain.
Domingo said manufacturers of coconut wine should submit their products to the FDA for testing.
In Novaliches, Quezon City, 17 persons drank a total of six liters of lambanog allegedly bought from a neighbor. Seven persons in Santa Raza, Laguna consumed a brand of the coconut wine. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine