December 6, 2018
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will examine samples of "lambanog" or coconut wine which recently caused the death of eight and leaving 15 hospitalized in separate cases in Quezon City and Laguna.
Health Undersecretary Enrique Domingo said the FDA is trying to secure a sample of the coconut wine, which the four tricycle drivers from Quezon City drank before they experienced pain.
Domingo said manufacturers of coconut wine should submit their products to the FDA for testing.
In Novaliches, Quezon City, 17 persons drank a total of six liters of lambanog allegedly bought from a neighbor. Seven persons in Santa Raza, Laguna consumed a brand of the coconut wine. Cristina Eloisa Baclig/DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise