May 29, 2019
Tokyo--Japan's transport ministry, the Tokyo metropolitan government and other parties concerned are considering making private parking lots near the competition venues of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics reservation-only and restricting vehicles without such reservations from using ordinary roads near the event sites, informed sources said Tuesday.
According to the sources, the parties have already called for cooperation chiefly from two major operators of pay parking lots controlling a combined two thirds of such space around Olympic and Paralympic Games venues in Tokyo. A large-scale experiment is scheduled to be conducted in the summer.
The traffic restriction on ordinary roads would be necessary for smooth ground transportation of those involved in operations of the quadrennial international sports events, because it is much expected that vehicles will avoid using the Metropolitan Expressway after a proposed extraordinary hike of 1,000 yen in its daytime toll in some sections to reduce congestions during the Tokyo Games.
The Olympic and Paralympic organizing committee has set a target of reducing by 20 to 30 pct the traffic volume in 16 areas in the capital that are expected to see heavy traffic during the competition period.
Vehicles of people living in or commuting to the areas would be exempted from the restriction, the sources added. Jiji Press
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki