August 8, 2019
The Philippine economy grew at its slowest pace in four years, the Philippine Statistics Authority ( PSA) said Thursday.
Gross domestic product grew 5.5 percent compared for the first quarter's 5.6 percent.
Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia said growth lagged due to the late approval in the 2019 national budget, an election ban on construction activities, the El Nino phenomenon and growing protectionist stance in advanced economies. DMS
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race