December 5, 2019
President Rodrigo Duterte received on Wednesday the credentials of new Chinese envoy to the Philippines and five other ambassadors-designate of other countries.
In a ceremony in Malacanang, Duterte told China Ambassador-Designate Huang Xilian that the latter's assignment in the Philippines be productive.
"Your Excellency, we are proud that China and the Philippines are two great friends. And I welcome you to your new assignment. May it be productive," he said.
For his part, Huang vowed to do his best to promote the relations between China and the Philippines.
" I will do every effort to promote China-Philippine relations which have --- we have enjoyed very long history of friendship. And I wish Philippines enjoy prosperity and its people well-being," he said.
He also wished Duterte to enjoy every success and good health.
Other Ambassadors-Designate who presented their letter of credence to Duterte were Grete Sillasen of Denmark, Shobini Gunasekera of Sri Lanka, Antonis Alexandridis of Hellenic Republic, U Lwin Oo of Myanmar, and Bartinah Ntombizodwa Radebe-Netshitenzhe of South Africa. Celerina Monte/DMS
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School