December 6, 2018
President Rodrigo Duterte said on Thursday he again visited a hospital for blood extraction.
In a speech during the 85th anniversary celebration of the Department of Labor and Employment in Pasay City, Duterte even removed the bandage on his arm where the blood was extracted.
"I came from the hospital. Blood was taken from me. The media will again ask of my illness," he said.
But Duterte did not mention why a blood sample was taken even during the ambush interview after the event.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo, in a text message to reporters, said it was part of a regular check up of Duterte.
Former Special Assistant to the President Christopher "Bong" Go said it was just an "ordinary blood chem(istry)."
He said Duterte undergoes blood tests quarterly.
Several months ago, Duterte's health was put in question after he admitted he underwent again colonoscopy and endoscopy, coupled with the blackening of his face.
There were speculations that he had cancer, which later on he denied. Celerina Monte/DMS
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts
- Comelec count trending to a 12-0 administration win in Senate race
- Unofficial count shows 12-0 administration victory in 2019 Senate race
- Filipinos trust Japan next to US: SWS survey
- Bayan Muna, Magsasaka, Gabriela, Ako Bicol, A Teacher Lead Partylist Frontrunners
- ARTIST TALKS: SALAMPAK sa KANTO
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race