May 23, 2019
President Rodrigo Duterte has appointed Fernando Selim Borja as his special envoy to Japan for business and investment promotion.
Borja's appointment was signed on May 20 but was only shared to the media on Thursday.
His term as a special envoy would be for six months.
Prior to his new appointment, Borja was one of Duterte's special envoys to China.
Borja was named to the new post days before Duterte leaves for Japan next week to attend a business forum. His coming trip to Tokyo will be his third since he assumed office in 2016. Celerina Monte/DMS
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts