DND, AFP to coordinate in enforcing Duterte order on foreign ships passing through Philippine waters
August 22, 2019
The Department of National Defense (DND) will coordinate with the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on how to enforce the order of President Rodrigo Duterte requiring all foreign ships to secure clearance before passing the country's territorial waters.
"We will have to carefully work this out with the AFP, particularly the commands whose area of operations these fall under," Undersecretary Cardozo Luna, acting DND spokesman said Thursday.
"There needs to be (standard operating procedures) SOPs that clearly define our responses in compliance with existing Philippine and international laws," he added.
Duterte issued his directives following the incursions of Chinese warship at the territorial waters of the country.
It can be recalled that earlier this month the Western Command reported four Chinese Navy ships passed through at the Balabac Strait on June 17.
According to the Western Mindanao Command, five Chinese warships were also monitored passing at Sibutu Strait. Two incidents were reported on July and three others on August. Robina Asido/DMS
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki