June 12, 2019
Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. on Wednesday criticized the Chinese decision to leave 22 Filipino fishermen after sinking their vessel near Recto Bank last Sunday.
Locsin shared the opinion of Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana who denounced this earlier.
"I take my cue from Defense Sec. Lorenzana. What is contemptible and condemnable is the abandonment of the crew to the elements," Locsin said.
"Vietnam's rescue will be the basis of enhanced Vietnam-PH military cooperation," he added.
Lorenzana said the Filipino vessel was anchored when it was hit by the Chinese vessel.
A Vietnamese fishing vessel rescued the Filipino fishermen in coordination with the Philippine military.
Lorenzana has sought for an investigation into the incident and requested diplomatic steps to be taken. DMS
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts