June 12, 2019
Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. on Wednesday criticized the Chinese decision to leave 22 Filipino fishermen after sinking their vessel near Recto Bank last Sunday.
Locsin shared the opinion of Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana who denounced this earlier.
"I take my cue from Defense Sec. Lorenzana. What is contemptible and condemnable is the abandonment of the crew to the elements," Locsin said.
"Vietnam's rescue will be the basis of enhanced Vietnam-PH military cooperation," he added.
Lorenzana said the Filipino vessel was anchored when it was hit by the Chinese vessel.
A Vietnamese fishing vessel rescued the Filipino fishermen in coordination with the Philippine military.
Lorenzana has sought for an investigation into the incident and requested diplomatic steps to be taken. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine