December 2, 2019
Malacañang said on Monday that the crowd during the opening of the 30th Southeast Asian Games seemed to "like" the "Manila" song during the parade of athletes at the Philippine Arena in Bulacan on November 30.
Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo made the statement after Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte slammed the use of Hotdog-popularized "Manila" song during the historic event.
"Apparently, the people there, the crowd there liked it, laughed it up...they were all dancing, I was also dancing, all of us," he said, adding that he also saw President Rodrigo Duterte doing the same.
But Panelo also said he understands Duterte-Carpio's sentiment against the use of Manila song, which she claimed was "not inclusive."
"Perhaps because of the title 'Manila' itself, then she would be right it does not represent the entire Philippines. But it seems that 'Manila' was used because that is the most popular song in relation to the Filipinos," he said.
Panelo said it could be better to have a "catchy" song "that will reflect not only Manila but the entire Philippines - Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao."
The presidential daughter has said she was negative about the use of song "Manila," because like her, she does not have a Tagalog blood. Celerina Monte/DMS
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki