November 7, 2019
Detectives from the Philippine National Police- Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (PNP-CIDG) arrested a suspect pretending to be an employee of the Department of Public Works and Highways ( DPWH) and his companion in an entrapment operation in Quezon City last Tuesday.
In a report from CIDG, detectives of the CIDG Anti-Fraud and Commercial Crimes Unit (AFCCU) arrested Romeo Sanita who said he is an employee of DPWH in charge of several projects, including construction and rehabilitation of Flood Control in Calaylayan, Abucay, Bataan and his companion identified as Anthony Reyes around 8:30 pm at a fast food chain in Cubao.
The operation stemmed after barangay chairman Ramonito Bautista from San Jose Malino in Mexico, Pampanga complained Sanita was able to collect P250,000 from them last June 2 in exchange for a DPWH project.
Upon verification by authorities at the DPWH Central Office, it was revealed Sanita is not an employee nor affiliated with the department and that the construction projects in Abucay were completed in 2018.
According to Bautista, Sanita called him last November 4 asking for additional P2 million to start a supposed project, prompting the complainant to seek the assistance of CIDG.
Confiscated from the suspects were Sanita’s and Reyes’ identification cards from DPWH and Land Transportation Office (LTO).
They are under custody of the AFCCU and will face charges for swindling and usurpation of official function. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine