Celebration at Japanese Embassy held for Albert’s conferment of Order of the Rising Star, Sun, Gold and Rising Star
September 27, 2019
On Wednesday, Japanese Ambassador to the Philippines Koji Haneda welcomed Ambassador Delia Domingo-Albert, former Secretary of Foreign Affairs, at his residence to celebrate the conferment of the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star.
This is one of the highest recognitions given by the Emperor of Japan, the Japanese Embassy said in a statement on Friday.
Albert, who taught at the Friends Girls School in Tokyo before joining the foreign service, devoted herself to forging stronger ties between Japan and the Philippines.
One of her most notable contributions is to spur the process of the Japan-Philippine Economic Partnership Agreement or JPEPA as Foreign Affairs Secretary.
After retiring from the foreign service, she supported Japan as a senior advisor of the Sycip Gorres and Velayo (SGV) Co, which provides various forms of assistance to Japanese companies in the Philippines.
Albert was conferred the decoration last May 23 at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.
She is among the first recipients of this award in Reiwa, the new imperial era of Japan. DMS
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki