Celebration at Japanese Embassy held for Albert’s conferment of Order of the Rising Star, Sun, Gold and Rising Star
September 27, 2019
On Wednesday, Japanese Ambassador to the Philippines Koji Haneda welcomed Ambassador Delia Domingo-Albert, former Secretary of Foreign Affairs, at his residence to celebrate the conferment of the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Star.
This is one of the highest recognitions given by the Emperor of Japan, the Japanese Embassy said in a statement on Friday.
Albert, who taught at the Friends Girls School in Tokyo before joining the foreign service, devoted herself to forging stronger ties between Japan and the Philippines.
One of her most notable contributions is to spur the process of the Japan-Philippine Economic Partnership Agreement or JPEPA as Foreign Affairs Secretary.
After retiring from the foreign service, she supported Japan as a senior advisor of the Sycip Gorres and Velayo (SGV) Co, which provides various forms of assistance to Japanese companies in the Philippines.
Albert was conferred the decoration last May 23 at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.
She is among the first recipients of this award in Reiwa, the new imperial era of Japan. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine