March 17, 2017
SOUTH KOREA- The International Olympic Committee decided at an executive board meeting on Friday to hold some baseball and softball matches of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the northeastern Japan prefecture of Fukushima.
The IOC executive board approved a proposal by the Tokyo Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, which hopes to support reconstruction efforts in areas devastated by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
Fukushima hosts Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings Inc.’s Fukushima No. 1 power plant, which suffered Japan’s worst nuclear accident due to heavy damage from the disaster. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.