May 9, 2019
Tokyo--Online lottery applications for tickets to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games by people living in Japan began at 10 a.m. Thursday (1 a.m. GMT).
Applications will be accepted until May 28 on the quadrennial event's official ticketing website (https://ticket.tokyo2020.org). The order of applications will not affect the results of the lottery, to be announced on June 20.
Applicants are having trouble viewing the website due to access concentration from the start.
People wishing to apply for tickets must first register for identification on a designated website. Each applicant will be able to register for up to 60 tickets, and a maximum of 30 tickets can be secured per person.
General tickets for the sporting events are sold in up to five price ranges per sport, with the cheapest ticket at 2,500 yen and the most expensive ticket, for the men's 100 meters final, at 130,000 yen. Tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies start at 12,000 yen and go up to 300,000 yen and 220,000 yen, respectively.
Tickets for wheelchair users and accompanying people are also available, as well as special tickets priced at 2,020 yen apiece for groups including children, elderly people or people with disabilities.
Tickets can be resold at their original prices through the Tokyo Games' official ticket resale service from spring 2020. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.