May 9, 2019
Tokyo--Online lottery applications for tickets to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games by people living in Japan began at 10 a.m. Thursday (1 a.m. GMT).
Applications will be accepted until May 28 on the quadrennial event's official ticketing website (https://ticket.tokyo2020.org). The order of applications will not affect the results of the lottery, to be announced on June 20.
Applicants are having trouble viewing the website due to access concentration from the start.
People wishing to apply for tickets must first register for identification on a designated website. Each applicant will be able to register for up to 60 tickets, and a maximum of 30 tickets can be secured per person.
General tickets for the sporting events are sold in up to five price ranges per sport, with the cheapest ticket at 2,500 yen and the most expensive ticket, for the men's 100 meters final, at 130,000 yen. Tickets for the opening and closing ceremonies start at 12,000 yen and go up to 300,000 yen and 220,000 yen, respectively.
Tickets for wheelchair users and accompanying people are also available, as well as special tickets priced at 2,020 yen apiece for groups including children, elderly people or people with disabilities.
Tickets can be resold at their original prices through the Tokyo Games' official ticket resale service from spring 2020. Jiji Press
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki