March 20, 2019
Berlin- Former sumo wrestler Kaido Hoovelson from Estonia, who went by his ring name Baruto in Japan, has become a lawmaker in his home country.
Hoovelson, 34, said on Twitter on Sunday that he was elected to Estonia's parliament, although he initially lost in the March 3 poll as a runner-up.
According to the Estonian public broadcaster, a victorious candidate who belongs to the same party as Hoovelson declined to take up the parliamentary seat in order to stay on as a town mayor. The former sumo wrestler was given the seat as a result.
Hoovelson, who reached the second-highest rank of ozeki during his professional sumo career in Japan, said on Twitter that he will make efforts so as to serve as a bridge between Estonia and Japan. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.