July 3, 2018
The Australian basketball team who were involved in a brawl with the Philippines during their FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifier match on Monday left Tuesday afternoon on board Philippine Airlines.
The Australian cagers were assisted by Australian Embassy staff upon entering Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 2.
Airport security personnel made sure no one would get near the Australian squad as they are checking in at a Philippine Airlines counter for their 3:10 pm flight to Australia via Singapore.
Only Matthew Dellavedova, who plays for the Milwaukee Bucks at the National Basketball Association, left Manila via China Airlines.
Nine Philippine basketball players were ejected while four Australians were disqualified following the nearly 30-minute brawl in the third quarter. Australia won 89-53 after the three remaining Philippine players fouled out. DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF