September 13, 2018
The National Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said on Thursday that more than four million population maybe affected by Super Typhoon "Ompong."
"There are population exposed within the 250 km radius, that 250 km diameter, that is the typhoon diameter that is most destructive, that is four million plus," National Executive Director Ricardo Jalad said.
Of the four million population to be affected, he said over 800,000 individuals could be evacuated.
Those who will be evacuated may come from the areas of Cagayan, Isabela, Apayao, Abra, Mt. Province, Ifugao, Ilocos Sur and Ilocos Norte.
Jalad said the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) was to implement pre-emptive evacuation. Robina Asido/DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF