November 4, 2018
A one-year old child was killed after a fire hit their home in Caloocan City Sunday.
Report from Northern Police District identified the victim as Jamal Cabarles who was with her nanny when the incident happened at around 9am at Blk. 38, Lot 4, Sanana Road, Miramonte Heights, Brgy. 180.
Cabarles' mother was in the market when the fire took place.
Caloocan City Fire Officer 1 Jason Sarao said the fire broke out when the caretaker was allegedly taking a bath after she put to sleep the baby. The nanny reportedly tried to save the child, but failed.
Authorities responded to the area but the fire already doused off.
Investigation has been ongoing to determine the cause of the incident. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF