February 24, 2017
Interior and Local Government Secretary Ismael Sueno on Friday said he has instructed the Philippine National Police (PNP) to ensure the safety and security of Senator Leila De Lima in the PNP headquarters following her arrest this morning.
“I have given clear instructions to Police Director General Ronald Dela Rosa to secure Senator De Lima while she is at the PNP Custodial Center,” said Sueno in a statement on Friday.
Sueno’s directive came as some quarters expressed fears on the safety of De Lima inside the PNP headquarters.
“Senator De Lima’s security and safety is also our concern and so we would like to assure everyone that she will be treated in accordance with established procedures and existing laws,” Sueno said.
The arrest warrant was served by police on De Lima around 8 am after she stayed overnight in her Senate office. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine