February 8, 2017
Speaker Panteleon Alvarez wants the House leadership to support him in reimposing the death penalty, or else he will tell the members to resign.
Alvarez said he will change his deputy speakers, including Pampanga Rep. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo who junked the death penalty as president in 2006, if they will not follow him
“We will have to replace her,” Alvarez told reporters after emerging from a caucus of the Partido ng Demokratikong Pilipino. He said he asked Ilocos Norte Rep. Rudy Farinas, the majority leader, to talk to Arroyo.
The bill to reimpose the death penalty is scheduled for debates at the House plenary.
“There is no arm-twisting. I am not forcing anyone,” Alvarez said. “It’s either
you go with the majority leadership of you don’t.”
Alvarez warned PDP-Laban members who will not vote in favor of the measure should quit or be kicked out from the party.
“The bill on the restoration of death penalty bill will be a party stand,” Alvarez pointed out. “If you don’t agree with the party stand you might as well quit.”
In the Senate, there are eight senators in favor of reimposing the death penalty, eight against and the rest are undecided, said Senate President Aquilino Pimentel III,
Alvarez said lawmakers have agreed to impose reclusion perpetua as the least penalty for heinous crimes and death as the stiffest punishment.
“The judge will decide. He will determine which penalty will be imposed depending on (the) attendant circumstances,” he said. DMS
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine
- 2020年２月８日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース ゲスト Natural Line Tetsu -武漢のOFWが中国から帰国へ-【マニラ新聞TV・フィリピン最新ニュース】EP08