March 10, 2017
Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales has ordered the dismissal and perpetual disqualification from holding public office of five executives of the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF).
Found guilty of grave misconduct and conduct prejudicial to the best interest of the service are Secretary/Commissioner Mehol Sadain, Director III Galay Makalinggan, Acting Chief Accountant Fedelina Aldanese, Acting Chief Aurora Aragon-Mabang, and Cashier Olga Galido.
In case of separation from the service, the penalty is convertible to a fine equivalent to respondent’s one year salary.
The NCMF officials are also facing trial before the Sandiganbayan for violation of Section 3(e) of Republic Act No. 3019 (Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act) for the anomalous utilization of the Priority Development Assistance Fund of former Maguindanao Rep. Simeon Datumanong.
This is the second set of PDAF charges filed against Sadain. In September 2016, Sadain was charged alongside Senator Gregorio Honasan II for the anomalous utilization of Honasan’s P30 million PDAF. DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF