February 14, 2017
Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC) said Tuesday it will be spending P354 million to build additional toll lanes in three major toll plazas at North Luzon Expressway.
The expansion program, which began last month and is expected to be completed in May 2017, are the Balintawak, Mindanao, and Meycauayan Toll Plazas.
“Improving the capacity of our toll plazas would mean more comfortable travel experience for our motorists,” Rodrigo Franco, MNTC president and chief executive said.
Franco said the new toll lanes will reduce waiting time at the toll plazas.
At the Balintawak Toll Plaza, MNTC is building eight more toll lanes to increase the total from the current 17 to 25 toll lanes.
A new toll plaza in a fishbone configuration is being constructed to serve motorists travelling between Metro Manila and the provinces in Central and Northern Luzon.
MNTC said a three-lane toll plaza, also featuring a fishbone design, is being built at the NLEX Mindanao Avenue. Since it opened in 2010, the Mindanao Toll Plaza, which has six lanes, has been providing motorists from Quezon City with a convenient alternative entry to the expressway.
MNTC is also expanding the southbound toll plaza in Meycauayan, Bulacan from four lanes to five. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine