August 10, 2018
Philippine Airlines President Jaime J. Bautista (left) presents a model aircraft as a gift to Hokkaido Governor Harumi Takahashi at her office in Sapporo, Japan, after officially announcing the flag carrier's new thrice weekly nonstop Manila-Sapporo service starting September 10, 2018, using PAL's new Airbus A321neo aircraft. Gov. Takahashi hailed PAL's new route as a boon for tourism in Hokkaido, Japan’s largest and northernmost prefecture, and cited the success of the 2017 Filipino movie "Kita Kita" as an incentive for Filipinos to visit Sapporo.
SOURCE: PAL Corporate Communications
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise