May 16, 2018
A magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck the province of Sultan Kudarat on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, the earthquake epicenter was recorded at 26 kilometers west of Kalamansig, Sultan Kudarat at around 1:05 pm.
Phivolcs said the tremor, which was tectonic in origin, has a depth of 8 km.
Based on reports, Intensity IV was reported over Lebak and Kalamansig, while Intensity III was felt in Cotabato City and Maguindanao, and Intensity II in Aleosan, Cotabato; Bagumbayan, and Isulan, Sultan Kudarat
Phivolcs did not expect any possible damage and aftershock due to the quake. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise