December 7, 2019
The officer-in-charge of the Philippine National Police thanked President Rodrigo Duterte after he visited the wake of the slain cop in Intao, Misamis Oriental last Thursday.
In a statement on Friday, Police Lieutenant General Archie Francisco Gamboa said Duterte’s visit is a big morale booster for the men and women of the PNP who constantly put their lives on the line so others may live.
Police Senior Master Sergeant Jason Magno was killed after he used his body as a shield in a grenade attack inside a community college in Initao, Misamis Oriental.
"In behalf of the family of Master Sergeant Magno and the whole of PNP, we thank you Mr. President and Senator Go for your tireless support for our policemen and policemen. Please be assured that we will return the favor by serving our people with courage, honesty and integrity just like what Msgt. Magno did," Gamboa said.
He also thanked Senator Bong Go who was with Duterte during the visit.
Duterte posthomously conferred Order of Lapu-Lapu Magalong Medal (the highest rank) and a PNP Medal of Valor or Medalya ng Kagitingan to Magno and the Order of Lapu-lapu Kampilan Medal for Balido.
Aside from the financial assistance that was pledged by Duterte, Gamboa said the PNP will also make sure Magno's family will get all the support that they need.
"Msgt Magno did not just save a lot of people. He also saved the PNP from this relentless campaign to discredit our men and women in uniform. May he inspire others to have the same heart and the same dedication to serve our people," he said.
Gamboa said Magno's gallantry and dedication as a police officer is a solid proof the PNP is still filled with men and women who remain true to their oath as public servants. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine