February 10, 2017
After power rates a seven-year low overall rate of P8.09 per kilowatt hour in January, Meralco said Friday, power rates for households will be increased by 92 centavos for February.
The overall rate is now P9.00 per kilowatt hour, the power firm added.
“The increase this month is mainly due to upward movements in the generation charge,” Meralco said in a statement.
Capacity fees, particularly of Pagbilao and Ilijan power plants, returned to normal levels this February, pushing up the generation charge by 62 centavos per kilowatt hour higher to P4.32 per kilowatt hour.
Fuel prices is another reason for the higher generation charge “particularly from the quarterly repricing of Malampaya natural gas, and a slight depreciation of the peso against the dollar.” DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine