November 8, 2019
BAGUIO CITY – A cadet was found at the deep end of the Philippine Military Academy’s swimming pool Friday after he did not appear in his next classes, with doctors saying he was dead on arrival.
This was confirmed by the PMA in a statement.
"It is with a heavy heart that PMA confirms that a fourth class cadet drowned in the Philippine Military Academy swimming pool today, 08 November 2019," it said.
Mario Telan, a member of Alpha Company, attended his swimming class from 11 am-12 noon Friday but was not seen in his next classes, said Captain Cheryl Tindog, PMA spokesperson.
Telan was found in the 15-foot deep end of the pool.
Rescuers tried to revive him. He was brought to the Fort del Pilar Station Hospital but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician. It was not known what time he was found in the pool.
Tindog said the PMA and Baguio police are trying to find out “the events that transpired leading to this incident.”
Tindog said the PMA will undertake all needed actions and protocols “to deal with any infraction and/or irregularity”.
All swimming classes were temporarily halted by the PMA.
Recently, a fourth class cadet died due to alleged hazing. DMS/Ella Dionisio-Robina Asido
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine
- 2020年２月８日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース ゲスト Natural Line Tetsu -武漢のOFWが中国から帰国へ-【マニラ新聞TV・フィリピン最新ニュース】EP08