June 13, 2018
A 7 year-old boy died in an explosion as he was playing with ammunition in Oriental Mindoro Tuesday afternoon.
Mimaropa (Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan) regional police spokesperson Superintendent Imelda Tolentino said the victim was Glenrey Vicente Osorio, a resident of Brgy. Nasucob Bulalacao.
An initial report said Glenrey’s father saw his son carrying a metal object he picked up from a vacant lot thinking it was a toy.
Not knowing that the object is a M203 rifle grenade, the boy hammered it, causing it to explode.
The victim was rushed to Bulalacao Community Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
Authorities were able to recover fragments of the rifle grenade at the scene. Ella Dionisio/DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise