October 28, 2017
BALANGIGA: Howling Wilderness won the best picture award at the Circle Competition of the QCinema International Film Festival last Thursday.
The film was helmed Khavn dela Cruz, who won the best director award, the Quezon City government said in a press release on Saturday.
Justine Samson won the best actor as child performer and Pio del Rio as the best supporting awards for BALANGIGA.
The motion picture depicts the attack of American soldiers in Balangiga town in 1901 during the Philippine-American War.
The soldiers got the church bells as a sort of war booty. The Philippine government has been trying to get the bells from the United States for years.
The Asian Next Wave Best Film was given to Mouly Surya’s ‘Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts’. While, the Snow Woman by Kiki Sugino gained the Asian Next Wave Jury Prize.
QCinema has recognized “Close-Knit” by Naoko Ogigami as the Rainbow QC Best Picture and the Beach Rats by Eliza Hittman received the Rainbow QC Jury Prize was awarded.
“Dapol Tan Payawar Na Tayug 1931 (The Ashes and Ghosts of Tayug 1931)” by Christopher Gozum won the Circle Competition NETPAC Jury award.
The Chanters directed by James Robin Mayo received the best screenplay award.
Neomanila directed by Mikhail Red garnered the QCinema Audience Choice and best artistic achievement awards.
Filmmaker Emerson Reyes, the creator of “Dormitoryo (Walang Katapusang Kwarto),” received the Circle Competition Gender Sensitivity award.
Jally Nae Gilbaliga of The Chanters earned the best actress award. Sheenly Gener from “Dormitoryo (Walang Katapusang Kwarto)” got the best supporting actress award.
Meanwhile, the QC Shorts Best Picture award was received by Babylon directed by Keith Deligero.
“Gikan Sa Ngitngit Nga Kinailadman” by Kiri Dalena won the QC Shorts jury prize. DMS
- Japanese artist takes root in the Philippines; explores folk spiritual practices
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep03
- One Pen Project
- Filipinos can now learn Nihonggo and Japanese culture in Magsaysay Human Language Institute
- Wikang Hapon sa Trabaho: Mag-aral at Matuto ng Practical Japanese Ep02
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine