September 12, 2018
Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Oscar Alabayalde has raised to full alert status all the police units in Luzon in preparation to the onslaught of supertyphoon "Ompong," with international name Mangkhut, in the northern part of the country.
The full alert will be effective 6am on Thursday to ensure availability of resources and personnel for possible disaster response operations in areas to be affected by the weather disturbance, Albayalde said.
"I have activated the national headquarters 1st Level Battle Staff to ensure effective command and control of all PNP disaster response operations," he added.
He asked the concerned units to preposition within closest and safest proximity to threatened and high-risk areas along coastlines, riverbanks and geohazard zones for rapid deployment in the event of a contingency. Robina Asido/DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF