October 11, 2018
ZAMBOANGA CITY - Two Abu Sayyaf Group members were killed while four were captured after a brief firefight as troops launched a law enforcement operation in Sulu, a top military official said Thursday.
Lt. Gen. Arnel Dela Vega, Western Mindanao Command chief, said fighting broke out around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday in Barangay Kajatian, Indanan, Sulu.
Dela Vega said two Abu Sayyaf members were Jade Hassan alias Radjik and Kemar Jade.
Dela Vega added that captured were: Lino Tantung, 42; Hamjir Sahidal, 19; Sajiyal Asiral Alamia, 46; and, Arajal Amicul Aida, 46.
He said troops also recovered from Sahidal one heat-sealed transparent plastic with white crystalline substance believed to be shabu. DMS
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise