September 12, 2018
At least 14 passengers died when a jeepney carrying them fell into a ravine in Kalinga province on Tuesday afternoon.
Kalinga Police Provincial Office said the accident occurred when the driver allegedly lost control of the jeepney loaded with about 50 passengers when traversing the descending portion of the provincial road in Balbalan, Kalinga at around 2:30 pm.
The vehicle was on its way to Barangay Dao-angan from Barangay Poblacion, both in Balbalan, when the accident happened.
The 25 passengers, who were injured in the incident, were brought to Kalinga Western District Hospital for treatment. Robina Asido/DMS
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF