January 19, 2017
The Duterte administration is eyeing P3.8 trillion budget for next year.
In a chance interview in Malacanang on Thursday, Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno said his office is working for a higher budget of P3.8 trillion in 2018..
On January 17, the Department of Budget and Management started its budget preparation process for Fiscal Year 2018.
Diokno has cited the importance of the budget call for next year as it will "put flesh and blood to the 0+10-Point Socioeconomic Agenda" of the Duterte administration.
He has reminded the DBM that the end goal of the budget call is to fulfill the appropriate role of government, and ultimately, serve the Filipino people.
Hence, "the 2018 national budget should contain the narrative of our citizens," he said.
Currently, the government is working on a P3.35 trillion national budget. DMS
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.