August 13, 2017
TOKYO- A wall painting of flying white doves has been completed at a museum in Ho Chi Minh City by Japanese and Vietnamese painters, students and other people to express a wish for peace.
Participants in the painting project included Duc Nguyen, one of conjoined twins born in a region where the US military used defoliants during the Vietnam War.
In an address to a recent ceremony to unveil the wall painting of the War Remnants Museum, Duc Nguyen, 36, said it is meaningful that Vietnamese and Japanese people worked together in the project.
Duc Nguyen and his brother, Viet Nguyen, were separated in a 1988 surgery supported by the Japanese Red Cross. Viet Nguyen died in 2007.
Toshiaki Uchimoto, the assistant principal of a junior high school in Kawachinagano, Osaka Prefecture, western Japan, played a role of coordinator in the creation of the wall painting.
Uchimoto, 45, became acquainted with Duc Nguyen during his visit to Vietnam in 2009. They have since come up with the project to create a painting on a wall of the War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh City.
Japanese and Vietnamese participants in the project spent about a month to complete the wall painting. Jiji Press
- 台湾からの入国をフィリピン入管が禁止へ 【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】2020年2月11日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース EP12
- 2020年２月１０日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 武漢からの比人32人海外就労者(OFW)が帰国 ニュークラークで隔離始まる【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP11
- 2020年２月９日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース 訪問米軍地位協定(VFA)破棄 武漢からの比人海外就労者(OFW)を乗せた政府チャーター便が到着 タール火山続報【マニラ新聞TV・日本語放送】EP10
- UPDATE: On the return of Filipinos from Wuhan City, Hubei Province, China
- 【マニラ新聞TV日本語放送・ゲスト在比日本人美術家 山形敦子】EP09
- 30 Filipino repatriates from n-Cov-hit Wuhan City, Hubei province return home, quarantine
- 2020年２月８日現在のフィリピン最新ニュース ゲスト Natural Line Tetsu -武漢のOFWが中国から帰国へ-【マニラ新聞TV・フィリピン最新ニュース】EP08