April 15, 2018
Urayasu, Chiba Pref.- The operator of Tokyo Disney Resort is considering a major expansion as the first of its two parks, Tokyo Disneyland, marked its 35th anniversary on Sunday.
Tokyo Disneyland opened a revamped version of its popular "It's a Small World" attraction that included the addition of characters from the Disney movie "Frozen."
The operator, Oriental Land Co., plans to spend 75 billion in Tokyo Disneyland to open a new area featuring another Disney movie, "Beauty and the Beast," in spring 2020.
A 40-year-old man, who visited the park with his son, said while smiling: "We came despite rain because today is the 35th anniversary. We want to see a new parade."
The combined cumulative number of visitors to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, the resort's second park that opened in September 2001, topped 700 million in July last year. Jiji Press
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise