April 19, 2019
Tokyo- The first of three kinds of stamps commemorating the Japanese new era name, "Reiwa," will be sold on April 26.
Japan Post Holdings Co. said Thursday that one commemorative set of two different 82-yen postage stamps, inscribed with the old and new era names, respectively, will be priced at 390 yen when it goes on sale on April 26 at 60 post offices nationwide.
An additional set of five 82-yen postage stamps, each with the new era name, will be priced at 1,400 yen. This will go on sale on May 1, when the new era begins.
The new era name on the set of five was drawn by Soun Takeda, a famous calligraphy artist in Japan.
A set of two different 500-yen stamps, each with an artwork of Mout Fuji, will be issued in or after May. The mountain images were created by Japanese-style painter Taikan Yokoyama and Yoshimatsu Goseda, respectively. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.