August 10, 2018
The National World War II Memorial in the foreground and Washington Monument seen behind, around dawn in Washington, DC, USA, Thursday, 09 August 2018.
The ninth of August, 2018, marks the 73rd anniversary of the US atomic bombing of Nagasaki - an event that forced the unconditional surrender of Japan and ushered in the end of World War II. EPA-Jiji Press
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise