November 22, 2017
Tokyo- Men in their 20s in Japan went out far less on holidays in 2015 than 23 years ago, a government survey has found.
The average number of their daily travels stood at 1.91 for weekdays and 1.24 for holidays, down sharply from 2.98 and 2.31, respectively, in 1987, when the survey started, the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism reported Tuesday.
The number of daily travels comes to zero with no outing and to 2.0 if a round trip is made. The figure will increase from 2.0 depending on the number of additional places visited.
Behind the growing reluctance to go out among young men could be the spread of Internet usage to individuals, proliferation of smartphones and expansion of parcel delivery businesses, pundits said.
The average number of daily travels for all respondents came to 2.17 for weekdays and 1.68 for holidays. Women in their 20s made 2.01 weekday travels and 1.61 holiday travels on average.
In the 2015 survey, the sixth of its kind, each respondent was asked to answer where and why the person went out as well as means of transportation to get there on a specified weekday and holiday. About 80,000 people gave valid responses.
The survey also found 51.1 percent of male respondents in their 20s went out at least once on their respective specified holidays, compared with the 59.9 percent average for the entire respondents. Jiji Press
- 「まにら新聞ＴＶ」 第25回マニラ日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月６日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 第３試合 春光会 対 ＴＭレボリューション
- 「まにら新聞ＴＶ」 第25回マニラ日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月６日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 第２試合 三菱アドベンチャー 対 ホントにドリームズ
- 「まにら新聞TV」 第２５回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント ２０１９年１０月６日（日）
- Japan Foreign Ministry Commends Ph Seafarer’s Union, Manning Group
- Duterte Not Attending Emperor Naruhito’s Enthronement
- Philippines Deports Wanted Online Manga Pirate To Japan
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration