September 14, 2018
Paris- Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito watched kabuki performances at the Chaillot National Theater in Paris on Thursday.
The performances were part of the Japonismes 2018 series of Japanese cultural events.
At the Petit Palais museum, the Crown Prince watched an exhibition of the works of Ito Jakuchu, an 18th-century Japanese painter.
Looking back on his trip to France so far, the Crown Prince told reporters that he "felt the people of France are taking a strong interest in Japan and are trying to learn about Japan."
The Crown Prince also took part in an event to light up the Eiffel Tower.
When he pushed a button, the tower lit up in the colors of the Japanese national flag and images of Japanese culture, such as "ukiyoe" woodblock prints, were projected onto the tower, accompanied by music. Jiji Press
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF