November 22, 2018
Tokyo--The education ministry said Thursday that it will introduce distance education, using the Internet, at all elementary, junior high and senior high schools throughout Japan in the early 2020s.
The ministry will conduct a survey to grasp the situation on such education and plans to draw up concrete support measures by around June next year.
The introduction of such education style will be part of plans initiated by education minister Masahiko Shibayama to incorporate advanced technology into schools.
In long-distance education, small schools hold lessons together using computers. Such education allows students in small classes to be exposed to diverse viewpoints.
"We aim to innovate learning to realize quality education," Shibayama said at a press conference.Jiji Press
- ACT-CIS, Bayan Muna, Ako Bicol, Cibac, Ang Probinsyano lead partylist race in PPCRV, Comelec, counts
- Comelec count trending to a 12-0 administration win in Senate race
- Unofficial count shows 12-0 administration victory in 2019 Senate race
- Filipinos trust Japan next to US: SWS survey
- Bayan Muna, Magsasaka, Gabriela, Ako Bicol, A Teacher Lead Partylist Frontrunners
- ARTIST TALKS: SALAMPAK sa KANTO
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race