November 22, 2018
Tokyo--The education ministry said Thursday that it will introduce distance education, using the Internet, at all elementary, junior high and senior high schools throughout Japan in the early 2020s.
The ministry will conduct a survey to grasp the situation on such education and plans to draw up concrete support measures by around June next year.
The introduction of such education style will be part of plans initiated by education minister Masahiko Shibayama to incorporate advanced technology into schools.
In long-distance education, small schools hold lessons together using computers. Such education allows students in small classes to be exposed to diverse viewpoints.
"We aim to innovate learning to realize quality education," Shibayama said at a press conference.Jiji Press
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race