August 25, 2019
Moscow- The Japan Ground Self-Defense Force's Central Band performed in the Spasskaya Tower International Military Music Festival at Moscow's Red Square on Friday, becoming the first SDF band to join the event.
The GSDF band played music featuring Japanese traditional musical instruments, as well as classical and Russian folk music.
"I was very impressed by the cheers and excitement," Col. Takahiro Higuchi, head of the band, said after the performance. "I feel we served as a bridge of friendship between Japan and Russia."
Dressed up in kimono, Sgt. Michiko Matsunaga sang in Russian. "I was thrilled to be surrounded by the large audience in front of the candy-colored cathedral," she said.
The band's participation in the annual festival was agreed on at a "two-plus-two" meeting of the foreign and defense ministers of Japan and Russia in Tokyo in May.
This year, performances were given by military bands from 12 countries including North Korea. Jiji Press
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.