June 13, 2017
Tokyo- The Japanese government launched a campaign on Monday to promote cooking by fathers raising children.
At an event to promote the campaign, called "Otohan," a pun on Japanese words for father and meal, Gender Equality Minister Katsunobu Kato and a comedian picked as a campaign ambassador tried making "umani," a dish in which main ingredients are braised with soy sauce and sugar.
The recipe was simple, with ingredients including chicken thigh placed in a container and then microwaved. Kato looked satisfied with the results, saying, "Even though it only takes a couple of minutes, it tastes better than I expected."
A government council for gender equality has listed changing men's way of thinking as one of the challenges facing the social advance of women.
The government plans to hold events for men to improve their cooking knowledge and skills. (Jiji Press)
- Philippines To Highlight Lapu-Lapu’s Victory Over Magellan In 2021 Commemoration
- Duterte Declares General Yamashita’s Surrender A Public Holiday
- Atsuko Yamagata : On Being Visible And Invisible
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.