June 13, 2017
Tokyo- The Japanese government launched a campaign on Monday to promote cooking by fathers raising children.
At an event to promote the campaign, called "Otohan," a pun on Japanese words for father and meal, Gender Equality Minister Katsunobu Kato and a comedian picked as a campaign ambassador tried making "umani," a dish in which main ingredients are braised with soy sauce and sugar.
The recipe was simple, with ingredients including chicken thigh placed in a container and then microwaved. Kato looked satisfied with the results, saying, "Even though it only takes a couple of minutes, it tastes better than I expected."
A government council for gender equality has listed changing men's way of thinking as one of the challenges facing the social advance of women.
The government plans to hold events for men to improve their cooking knowledge and skills. (Jiji Press)
- Sarah Geronimo Brightens Up Japan Fiesta 2019 With “Tala”
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年11月17日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 決勝戦 トゥーホイーラーズ 対 リマ組
- Sarah G. Sings Kilometro At Japan Fiesta 2019
- Japan Holds Fiesta To Attract More Filipino Tourists
- Watch and Listen: Nelson Gonzales and Tago Jazz Collective soon at JAZZ En
- 『まにら新聞TV』 第25回日本人会ソフトボール大会決勝トーナメント 2019年10月27日（日）（マニラ日本人学校グラウンド） 準決勝 第2試合 ホントにドリームス 対 リマ組
- Watch And Listen: Sapporo-Based Japanese Guitarist Shohei Yamaki