June 13, 2018
Los Angeles- Major game makers including Nintendo Co. unveiled new games featuring popular characters at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, which kicked off in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
Nintendo, enjoying brisk sales of the Nintendo Switch hybrid console, set up a booth where visitors can play a new game compatible with its blockbuster smartphone game, Pokemon Go. Game fans formed a long line right after the doors opened.
The Japanese company will launch the game Nov. 16, aiming to draw new players.
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., a unit of Sony Corp <6758>, showed off its new action-adventure game, Spiderman, for the PlayStation 4 console. The game will hit the market Sept. 7.
Meanwhile, U.S. giant Microsoft Corp. opened a special space near the venue for new products for the Xbox One game machine, attracting an overflowing crowd. Jiji Press
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise