April 12, 2018
A performance troupe from Japan arrives at the opening of the 'April Spring Friendship Art Festival' outside a theatre in Pyongyang on Wednesday, April 11, 2018.
The week-long event, the 31st of its kind, is part of the annual commemorations of the anniversary of the birth of the North's founder Kim Il Sung, who remains the country's Eternal President despite dying in 1994.
It features concerts, dance performances and acrobatics and is one of the rituals with which North Korean authorities inculcate and reinforce loyalty to the ruling dynasty. AFP-Jiji Press
- Stock index, peso close higher
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise