October 25, 2018
Los Angeles- Renowned Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki has won the Los Angeles Film Critics Association's Career Achievement Award.
The association made the announcement on Tuesday.
The award ceremony will be held in Los Angeles on Jan. 12 next year.
In 2002, Miyazaki, 77, won the association's Award for Best Animation for "Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi" (Spirited Away).
He announced his retirement from feature film production in 2013, but later said he had changed his mind.
Miyazaki has been involved in creating a new animated film, expected to be completed as early as 2020. Jiji Press
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF