October 25, 2018
Los Angeles- Renowned Japanese animator Hayao Miyazaki has won the Los Angeles Film Critics Association's Career Achievement Award.
The association made the announcement on Tuesday.
The award ceremony will be held in Los Angeles on Jan. 12 next year.
In 2002, Miyazaki, 77, won the association's Award for Best Animation for "Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi" (Spirited Away).
He announced his retirement from feature film production in 2013, but later said he had changed his mind.
Miyazaki has been involved in creating a new animated film, expected to be completed as early as 2020. Jiji Press
- Latest polls show opposition facing possible shutout in Senate race
- ARTIST TALKS: Cherry Ann Fulo on DIWATABRUJA at Kanto Artist Run Space
- Latest polls show Duterte loyalists surging in Senate’s top 12
- MANILA gets a taste of Japanese healthy lifestyle
- Ms. Universe 2018 to boost PH tourism campaign
- Japan-funded Metro Manila Subway gets off the ground
- MILF chair confident of BOL ratification