July 5, 2019
New York--Miki Sudo won the women's title in the Nathan's Famous annual hot dog eating contest in New York for the sixth consecutive year on Thursday.
At the Independence Day event on Coney Island, Sudo, a 33-year-old living in the United States, wolfed down 31 hot dogs in 10 minutes, outpacing runner-up Michelle Lesco, 35, who ate 26 hot dogs.
Sudo failed to rewrite her personal record of 41 wieners and buns registered in 2017, or the 37 hot dogs she downed last year.
"It was just really hot, and I didn't do my training right", she said.
On the day, the mercury reached nearly 30 degrees Celsius at the event site under strong sunshine.
In the men's division, Joey Chestnut, 35, won his 12th title. He ate 71 hot dogs in 10 minutes. Jiji Press
- Taal Volcano island: 10 days after eruption
- Aftermath 2: Taal Volcano island a wasteland; total lockdown in high-risk areas enforced
- Aftermath: Taal Volcano eruption
- Statement of Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin, Jr. after the PH-Japan bilateral meeting.
- Statement of Japan’s Foreign Minister Motegi Toshimitsu after PH-Japan bilateral meeting
- Japanese foreign minister Motegi Toshimitsu to visit the Philippines
- Manila Hapons teach Tag Rugby at Manila Japanese School