May 4, 2017
Tokyo- The Japanese Self-Defense Forces completed on Wednesday its first-ever mission to guard a US warship under Japan's national security laws that went into force in March 2016, Japanese and US government sources said.The Maritime SDF's Izumo and Sazanami destroyers ended the escort of the Navy's USNS Richard E. Byrd replenishment vessel in Pacific waters east of the Nansei chain of southwestern Japanese islands in the evening, the sources said. Such an escort mission was made possible under the new Japanese legislation.
- Award-winning documentary, Yield, shown at TIU Theater.
- Boracay reopens, gov’t imposes limits on use of island resort
- Bettors from Eastern Samar, Albay share P1.18 billion lotto prize
- Ultra Lotto 5/68 draw balloons to over P1.1-billion
- Inflation surges higher to 6.7 percent in September: PSA
- Japan troops, armor back Ph, US forces in Luzon exercise
- Inflation projected at 6.4 % in September: DOF