August 14, 2019
Fukuoka- Kyushu Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it will conduct a regular inspection of the No. 4 reactor at its Genkai nuclear plant in Saga Prefecture, southwestern Japan, from Friday.
After the inspection lasting some three months, the 1.18-million-kilowatt reactor is scheduled to switch back to commercial mode in mid-November.
In the regular inspection, a total of 159 items will be checked, including the reactor itself and emergency power source, with around one-third of all 193 fuel assemblies replaced by new ones. Jiji Press
- CIF Kids Take Centerstage In UTSUWA Show
- INDIEPENDIENTE @ TIU Theater
- Manila Files Diplomatic Protest Against Beijing Over Boat Sinking
- RARA AVIS: Filmmaker Tikoy Aguiluz’s first solo exhibit at Kanto Gallery, Makati Central Square.
- Duterte invites Emperor Naruhito, Empress Masako to visit Philippines
- MARAWI: Two years after the war
- Comelec proclaims 12 Senate winners; Cynthia Villar tops race